My latest Weekly Wrapup video was inspired by a blog post I did the other day on putting together livestreams. I’ve been asked to help with a bunch of these over the last year or two and they tend to have the following things in common:
- The audience is limited to invitees only
- The streams will not be one-off events but done on a regular basis
- These are hybrid events that have an in-person audience along with people watching the presentation remotely
- The presenter usually has a Powerpoint that needs to be shared with both the in-person and livestream audience simultaneously
- They don’t have a huge budget for consulting or gear
I’ve found that Zoom paired up with an ATEM Mini tends to work best for these sorts of events primarily because it’s easy for both the presenters and the audience to set up and use. When you’re ready to go for the gusto an upgrade to Vmix is a great next step.